PREP TIME:15 mins
COOK TIME:10 mins
TOTAL TIME:25 mins
YIELD: 6 skewers
- 1 1/4 pounds beef, (sirloin or Angus) cut into 1-inch cubes
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 large red onion, cut into large chunks
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- 6 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
FOR THE CHIMICHURRI SAUCE:
- 2 packed tbsp parsley, finely chopped (no stems)
- 2 packed tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes or more to taste
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- For the chimichurri, combine the red onion, vinegar, salt, and olive oil and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and mix; set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use (can be made a few hours ahead).
- Place the onions, beef, and tomatoes onto the skewers.
- Prepare the grill on high heat. Grill the steaks to the desired doneness, about 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to a platter and top with chimichurri sauce.
Serving: 1skewer, Calories: 219kcal, Carbohydrates: 5.5g, Protein: 20g, Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 62.5mg, Sodium: 335.5mg, Potassium: 0mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 0g, Vitamin A: 0%, Vitamin C: 0%, Calcium: 0%, Iron: 0%