With Fall fast approaching (so hard to believe!), so is the season of spooks, pumpkins and changing leaves. Let’s plan to start this Autumn right with a great Autumn recipe! Here’s an idea-
SPICY SAUSAGE, BRUSSELS SPROUTS, AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH FOIL PACKETS
An easy Fall foil packet dinner made with spicy chicken Andouille sausage, Brussels sprouts, and butternut squash. It’s the perfect balance of spicy, smokey and sweet in every bite!
- Reynolds Wrap Heavy-Duty Aluminum Foil
- 4 links, 12 oz cooked Spicy Chicken Andouille Sausage, sliced 3/4-inch
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces Brussels sprouts, halved
- 12 ounces butternut squash, peeled and diced 3/4-inch
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl combine the sausage, brussels sprouts, butternut, thyme, olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Make foil packets. Tear off 2 18” sheets of Reynolds Wrap Heavy-Duty or Non-Stick Aluminum Foil.
- Divide the sausage and vegetables, about 2 cups each between 4 foil packets.
- Bring up the long sides of the foil, so the ends meet over the food.
- Double fold the ends, leaving room for heat to circulate inside. Double fold the two short ends to seal the packet tight, so no steam escapes.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
Serving: 1foil pack, Calories: 285kcal, Carbohydrates: 18g, Protein: 16.5g, Fat: 16.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 65mg, Sodium: 837.5mg, Fiber: 5.5g, Sugar: 3.5g
Also, next month we will be rolling out our Nutrition Lecture series . . . Many more details to follow, so be on the lookout for more information!
If you want help in creating a personalized nutrition plan, schedule an evaluation with me at the link below. Your first appointment is FREE!
Matt Mrazik, RD
Weight Management & Performance Dietitian
Pittsburgh Fitness Project