On March 30th, the governor of PA announced that the “stay at home” order due to the Covid-19 pandemic will be extended to April 30th and that schools and non-essential businesses will remain closed indefinitely.
While the announcement is a bummer for businesses like ours, it’s not unexpected.
As testing for Covid-19 becomes more available, more cases will be identified, and we’ll have a better picture of the true extent of the pandemic. Until these numbers improve, I would expect the bans to remain in place. The peak in cases will likely not occur for at least several weeks.
What can we all do to help? Stop the Spread!
If we all do our part, we’ll cut down on the asymptomatic spread of the virus and the numbers of those becoming sick will start to fall.
- Limit trips to the supermarket or pharmacy to once/week if possible
- Wash your hands when leaving and returning home
- Leave your shoes outside when you get back!
- Any coughs or sneezes should be done into a tissue then discarded, and your hands should be washed. If a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your elbow NOT your hand.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds. See the CDC’s video on proper handwashing here.
- Some public health experts are now encouraging the use of face masks while in public. I’m not endorsing a run on masks due to a national shortage. But if supplies increase and Covid cases remain high, it certainly becomes an option if they are widely available.
And most of all, stay active! Exercise helps alleviate all the stress we are under and boosts your immune system.
Keep Healthy with PFP
Take advantage of our online classes via Zoom and virtual personal training! You can sign up through MindBody as before.
Hope to see you all soon!
Dr. Brian Clista
Pittsburgh Fitness Project