Banana Chia Bites
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (or other milk)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a mini-muffin pan.
- Combine almond meal, coconut flour, chia seeds, cinnamon, salt & baking soda in a large bowl.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients (besides nuts if using) in a small bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
- If using the nuts, fold into the batter until evenly distributed.
- Spoon batter into mini-muffin pan and bake for about 15 minutes until tops start to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.** For a vegan version, substitute a flax egg for the regular egg!
Make sure to check out our Wellness Seminar Series! They are every second Saturday of the month. We plan on discussing a full range of health topics. Each seminar is entirely FREE to the public! So come on and join us for more health endeavors! This month we are diving into the topic of “Understanding Sports Nutrition!”
*Photo credit Running to the Kitchen